March 13, 2011

It's time to go outside

Jim and Cathy made the 13 hour drive down to see
us this last weekend and we took advantage of the
beautiful weather. Friday morning we went to
the... see below.

This is a foot bridge that crosses the Arkansas River.
It has some really great views.


Off in the distance you can see Pinnacle Mountain.
It's the larger hump to the left in the background.



Later on Friday afternoon my Mom and I checked
out the East side of Pinnacle Mountain.
They had some neat look out points.




Once we left the mountain we went in search of
this field of Daffodils. I thought it was just a few
miles further down the road. It was more like
40 miles down the road! Had there been any chance
the Daffodils weren't blooming we would have
turned around, but we thought it would be worth it.



Levi was less than thrilled to have made this
adventure but Mom and I enjoyed the trip.
On Saturday Jim and Cathy stayed with Levi and
Josh and I joined our friends, Doug, Laura and Chris,
for a little mountain climbing.
This is Doug...
...and this is Chris.
Laura and I.




It was an awesome day to hike up to the top of
Pinnacle Mountain. We all escaped without injury,
I don't know if I can say the same for the rest of
the evenings activities though:o)
We had a GREAT weekend!

No comments: