February 11, 2011

More Snow...UGH!

I believe that there should be some advantages
to living in the southern part of the States.
To call my Mom in Ohio and hear about the sleet,
snow, sub zero temperatures and driving winds
brings me some comfort about being so far away.
Especially when I can say that the sun is shining and
it's a balmy 60 degrees in the middle of January.
So what's the deal with all of this snow in Arkansas!?
I can tell you one thing, we are OVER it!
Nonetheless we decided to try our hand at an old
past time...sledding.

Levi doesn't know what he's in for:o)
Of course they do not carry sleds down here
so we had to settle for a couple of pool toys
that were pathetically inflated inside the car.

The snow came down hard all day.
Levi didn't like that it was covering his face.
In fact, he cried the whole time we were outside.
He thought it was TERRIBLE that we were
throwing ourselves down this hill in the snow
and he screamed and cried the whole time.
Except for these few pictures:o)




He liked staying in the car best of all,
but every time someone went down the hill
he started crying, hah.

All in all our adventure lasted about 30 minutes.
We had a good time though and it was nice to get
out of the apartment for a little while.
The other person in the pictures is our friend Doug.
It was actually his idea to go sledding
and we didn't want him to have to go alone:o)

Although I will admit that it was some
beautiful snow I sincerely hope that this is the
last of it for Arkansas. It will most
certainly be no where in sight by Monday as it's
supposed to be 62!

Till next time

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love the snow on his eyelashes! So sweet!

Leah said...

your pics are beautiful. I am sooo sad that you aren't coming here this weekend. I think i had some tears in my eyes cause I need a Tiff fix like something bad...miss you...

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Great close up him with snow in his eyelashes! I saw on a blog a picture of a church sign in Arkansas somewhere that said... Whoever is praying for snow... PLEASE STOP! Ha! Miss you friend... Like a whole lot!